How to Fly and troubleshoot EachineE58- The complete guide for beginners
How to use phone to fly E58
Common Issue 1:
Motors move at different speeds as per below video
Credits : 65drones customer
Solution: Calibrate the E58.
It is good practice to calibrate the E58 , before every usage ,or when it suffered any previous " crashes"
Note : Please place E58 on a flat ground before you calibrate .
How to calibrate E58
You can reset the Eachine E58’s gyro settings in two different ways, either using the remote control or through the JY UFO phone APP.
Calibrating the Eachine E58 by remote controller
- Step 1: Turn on the remote controller;
- Step 2: Long press the power switch to turn ON the Eachine E58;
- Step 3: Place the drone on a horizontal surface;
- Step 4: Bind the transmitter with the drone by pushing the throttle stick to the highest position, and then pull it back to the lowest position. Solid light will indicate successful bind;
- Final step: Move both sticks to lowest right corner (like in the image above) for about 2-3 seconds. LED lights will start to flash rapidly. Wait few seconds till the lights are solid again and you are done.
Calibrating the Eachine E58 by phone APP
Calibrating the Eachine E58 through APP is even more easier. After you connected to drone with your phone. You need to enter the settings menu (like in the image bellow) and select the “Gyro calibrate” icon. First, the LEDs will start to flash rapidly, than steady on. Finish! That was all, you are done and ready for your next flight 🙂
Common Issue 2: After changing the propellers,the E58 is not able to fly up/fly sideway/fly in circle.
Solution: Check that the propeller alphabet matches picture ( as per page 2 of your instruction manual).
Common Issue 3: Loss of Power and connection while mid flight or upon take off
Solution : If you are using wifi to fly the E58 , ensure wifi connection is strong before you go ahead. We suggest to use the remote controller to control the E58 and using the wifi to fly it fpv.
If you are using the controller to fly the E58 and there is loss of power and connection,check that battery is securely inserted in.
* The " clasp" as circled should be fully inserted into the drone, leaving onlythe horizontal markings visible at the exterior.
If inserted properly,It should look linear at the front of the E58.
Common Issue 4: I am able to start the drone but I do not know how to move the drone in different directions.
Solution : After pairing the drone and launching it successfully in the air,move the control sticks according to the labels below.
Please note that the front of the E58 is the front with the camera ,from the E58 perspective. If you want to fly it in your perspective, activate the headless mode.
Common Issue 5: After a few " crashes", one or more of the motors are dead.
Definition of dead motor: There is no movement on the propeller.
Solution: E58 is a solderless quadcopter which works on a simple plug and play system. You have to unscrew the E58, remove the dead motor and insert a new motor. No special equipment such as soldering gun is required. You will need a screwdriver to unscrew .
Picture above showing removal of faulty motor.
Plug in the new motor and screw back the exterior.
Still can't get it to work?