The Cyclone uses the STM32F3 CPU withARM-Cortex M4 core and floating-point coprocessor for more efficient execution of fast looptime control algorithms, along with the low-noise MPU-6000 SPI-bus gyro chip for faster acquisition of gyro data.
This board is compatible with the recent revisions of Betaflight firmware, using the betaflight_MOTOLAB target files. The PWM outputs are bidirectional, and the board is compatible with BLHeli ESC passthrough programming using an external CP2102 USB-to-serial converter connected to UART 1.
The design also provides:
- An on-board 600mA switching regulator for direct connection to lipos up to 4S, or up to 6S with power filtering.
- USB interface independent of UART channels.
- Three hardware UARTs. The UART 2 TxD signal is also pinned out to a connector.
- Reverse current protection on lipo and USB inputs for problem-free ESC calibration.
- Dedicated serial LED output with lipo voltage and GND.
- On-board buzzer driver with 5V and lipo voltage option.
- Built-in VBAT monitor with low-pass filter from lipo input.
- Built-in RSSI monitor with low-pass filter.
- Dedicated SAT receiver interface with 3.3v using JST connector for compatibility with Spektrum/LemonRC cables.
- Dedicated PPM and serial receiver interfaces with 5V power using 0.1" headers.
- Compatibility with receivers using Spektrum 1024/2048, SBUS, SumD and SumH receivers with built-in inverter.
- High-quality gold plated 4-layer printed circuit board.
- Connector arrangement for convenient access to serial interfaces, with PWM and other device connections on sturdy through-hole pin headers.